Games
AU Acey
401 Posts
3.1 years ago
Hey guys, so I recently bought a pair of Razer Banshee headphones (which are freaken cool by the way) but after like 45 minutes of using them they started doing this crazy shrieking static noise through the microphone which pretty much deafened everyone in Ventrilo at the time.

I've looked around on the net and found that a lot of other people have had the same problems but so far no ideas on how to fix it. One person said there was a conflict with some other sound software but i deleted all other drivers/software i could find and still have the same problem.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and knows of a fix?

Edited once, 30/6/11 - 10:32am.
NZ kenji
3,642 Posts
3.1 years ago
How could you buy them ;____;
Mindfreak.SteelSeries Yuki
AU Acey
401 Posts
3.1 years ago
because they have awesome gimmick lights? no other reason really.
AU Talnoy
PREMIUM USER
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
EU Site Admin
4,781 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

3.1 years ago
when you unplug and plug it do you get a program like "Realtek HD Audio Manager" come up? if so try uninstalling that. I have had that problem alot with headsets where the onboard sound software kicks in and my mic either goes awol or gets static.

uninstalling that usually fixes it, the only other thing is hunting down a mic sensitivity or mic boost option and turning that off then just upping the mic volume till its suitable
AU Acey
401 Posts
3.1 years ago
i uninstalled all of the previous audio drivers/programs that were on the computer the other night, and it kept happening. I might give the mic boost option a go.
AU l_w_88
6,525 Posts
3.1 years ago
Also make sure it's not in the front panel.
Also try fiddling with the in line volume control if it has one.
Also turn off stereo crosstalk.

Although if they were already plugged in and started doing it, with other people reporting the same problem with the same headphones then there's not really many alternatives - your gear cracked it.
"theirs smart people and dumb ass" - iMonsteR
AU Acey
401 Posts
3.1 years ago
its not in the front panel, the mic works fine for a bit then randomly has bursts of crazy static that wont go away until i disable then re-enable the driver in recording options : /.

its got to be a conflict with something on my computer but i've deleted all other audio drivers/programs i can find.
AU l_w_88
6,525 Posts
3.1 years ago
Quote from l_w_88 on the 1st of July 2011:
Although if they were already plugged in and started doing it, with other people reporting the same problem with the same headphones then there's not really many alternatives - your gear cracked it.

You seem to have missed part of my post there sunny.
AU Acey
401 Posts
3.1 years ago
I didn't miss it, i ignored it as its not the problem. These headphones are brand new, and many other people have reported the same problem, with different sets of these headphones. Its a conflict somewhere that i cannot seem to find fix to.
AU l_w_88
6,525 Posts
3.1 years ago
Seriously there's no conflict to be had - unless every single person reporting the problem has somehow managed to install the wrong drivers for their hardware or something, you're running out of options.
AU Acey
401 Posts
3.1 years ago
Multiple people have reported the exact same problem, had their headsets replaced and still had the same problem. Therefore it would most likely be a conflict with something on the computer. I just cant find what it is.
AU l_w_88
6,525 Posts
3.1 years ago
That actually says more about the quality of razer headsets than it does about anything to do with your computer.

protip: either way you won't get this problem if you buy a new pair of headphones.