Games
AU tAYY
920 Posts
3.4 years ago
Okay, first off not sure if right section, if not please move to correct section. Thanks.

Now onto my current Rain Meter setup:

Basically this is just the prototype as there is still a lot of things that I want on this missing, and I was hoping someone with some Rain Meter knowledge on these here forums could help me out.

First off one of the things that I REALLY need is having an Xfire notifications thing when I get a message, currently because I have the Windows7 taskbar hidden using "Taskbar Eliminator" the only way I can see if I have a message is to either click through all the open ones manually, or minimize them all every time I'm not talking to someone so that I can look at the dock (which is hidden at the top of screen) so that I can quickly see the notifications that way. This however is a pain, so some kind of notification app. or widget would be really good.

Secondly I want a code for running "Start" so that I can just create my own icon / button to open the start menu.

Third I want a return to desktop app. or the code for one that will allow me to go back to desktop without minimizing Rain Meter (this of course wouldn't be a problem if I had the Windows task bar).

Lastly (for now) I want a like tool bar app. / code etc. that would simulate the toolbar popup (in other words the thing at the bottom right next to the time on the Windows taskbar, when you hit the arrow and there's all the processes in there like the drivers etc).

So if anyone could help me out with these problems that would be great, and if you have any suggestions please tell me.

Current Apps. being used:
  • ABP
  • Crooked Calender
  • Enigma
  • Dark.Eve
  • Gnome-Panel
  • illustro

Thanks for your time.

*note. I have been going through deviantart and various other sites looking for something which fulfills these needs, but no luck so far.

Edited 3 times, last edited 9/6/11 - 7:56am.
www.twitch.tv/taydot // leeg of legongolas feelO Q strem
AU Swiftz
AU Site Admin
12,568 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

3.4 years ago
Not exactly offering help, but I like the look of yours.

Mine looks like this with an interchanging background every 30mins, all of them are the blacknblue theme.

AU tAYY
920 Posts
3.4 years ago
Ahh nice :> , if worse comes to worst I'll have to revert back to the ugly windows task bar, but there should be a way around it.
AU Swiftz
AU Site Admin
12,568 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

3.4 years ago
there is, but i really cbf learning how to do it.

there is tutorials out there, there is a few on youtube for memory.
AU Crow.
5,499 Posts
3.4 years ago
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=116

That what you're looking for? :>

And this is mine (Basic but has everything i need), Dont mind the test mode windows 7 stuff, i just havent rebooted windows since i upped the polling rate on this mouse

"Edge cups the balls and works the shaft, good bloke" - Rozay
AU tAYY
920 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from Crow454 on the 9th of June 2011:
Oooo thanks, yeah that works quite well for the start menu thank you!
NZ Bankzy
607 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from Swiftz on the 8th of June 2011:

Mine looks like this with an interchanging background every 30mins, all of them are the blacknblue theme.

Whats that sexy dock at the top? Link please
There's no shortage of competition. DICE are standing in the sidelines ready to take the crown.
AU Crow.
5,499 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from tay<3 on the 9th of June 2011:
Oooo thanks, yeah that works quite well for the start menu thank you!
No problem!
AU Oki*
804 Posts
3.4 years ago
Most likely 'Rocketdock' google it.
Quote from Bankzy on the 9th of June 2011:
Quote from Swiftz on the 8th of June 2011:

' Creativity can't be taught ' | Youtube |
AU Swiftz
AU Site Admin
12,568 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

3.4 years ago
Quote from Bankzy on the 9th of June 2011:
Rocketdock
AU tAYY
920 Posts
3.4 years ago

So yeah, for now I have reverted to the Windows taskbar until I can get everything I want on a rainmeter taskbar. Also showed the current dock I'm using in this picture.
AU Crow.
5,499 Posts
3.4 years ago
oooh, whats that doc tay?
Oh and if you want the enigma sidebar to fill the entire height of the screen
Middle click on it and change the spacing of the sidebar to 0, makes it fit the screen
AU tAYY
920 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from Crow454 on the 9th of June 2011:
oooh, whats that doc tay?
Oh and if you want the enigma sidebar to fill the entire height of the screen
Middle click on it and change the spacing of the sidebar to 0, makes it fit the screen

Yeah, was playing with it like 30 minutes before you said this and figured that out, thanks though.

As for my dock, it's plain rocket dock with the help of: http://leechiahan.deviantart.com/art/Lucid-Icons-104175952
AU Crow.
5,499 Posts
3.4 years ago
Yeah messing with that stupid enigma sidebar for like 2 hours trying to fit to screen like that hahah.
and, thanks! Will be using that
NZ Bankzy
607 Posts
3.4 years ago
How can you make rocketdock not minimise when you hit show desktop?
There's no shortage of competition. DICE are standing in the sidelines ready to take the crown.