3.4 years ago
GTL FTW
The original Coxxy
NZ x Space x
1,492 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from H0LD THE LINE on the 30th of March 2011:
Quote from LXG BIFF on the 30th of March 2011:

muscle growth is pretty slow but if you have a fast metabolism you may be processing your food quicker than your muscles can derrive the necessary proteins to repair and build. when you do weights your actually creating thousands of tiny tears in the muscle group you are working and when they tear your body needs proteins to repair them and this repair stage is when the muscle heals and grows if your not getting enough proteins your muscle actually burns itself and shrinks like a form of dystrophy. eat white meats an hour or so b4 a workout and carb heavy foods (rice, pasta) then once youve finished have a protein shake ( i recommend 2/3 bananas, full cream milk, milo, honey and 3/4 egg whites) not the powder supplement to aid and boost your protein levels, i go by my own rule of carbs b4 a workout and protein foods after. you definately need a good diet regime cuz if your not burning fat your burning muscle.

Thanks man, I reckon its got to do with my fast metabolism because I never gain weight no matter what I eat. I think my biggest problem is not eating enough in general. I'll have to get more protein into me after my workouts.

u need to have more carbs if u want to put on weight
AU Hollander
4,467 Posts
3.4 years ago
I take hemo rage as my pre workout.

Do you even lift?
Jake doesn't even lift
AU H0LD THE LINE
2,391 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from x Space x on the 30th of March 2011:

Thanks man, I reckon its got to do with my fast metabolism because I never gain weight no matter what I eat. I think my biggest problem is not eating enough in general. I'll have to get more protein into me after my workouts.

u need to have more carbs if u want to put on weight

Don't really want to put on weight as per say, just want to build muscle and I thought with all the lifting I've been doing I would have put on weight by now.
AU Packerr
6,172 Posts
3.4 years ago
wow you guys seem to be taking in heaps of protein, on my protein shake container is stresses to only have one per day. So I wanted to know why and what would happen if I had it before and after my work outs and I discovered that too much protein and not enough water can lead to kidney stones. Those are something that you never want to have.

Only last week i heard about jack3d and it seems pretty bad ass, I might use it once a week or something like that for extra efforts.

Edited once, 30/3/11 - 2:03pm by .
AU H0LD THE LINE
2,391 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from Insanity. on the 30th of March 2011:
wow you guys seem to be taking in heaps of protein, on my protein shake container is stresses to only have one per day. So I wanted to know why and what would happen if I had it before and after my work outs and I discovered that too much protein and not enough water can lead to kidney stones. Those are something that you never want to have, EVER.

Only last week i heard about jack3d and it seems pretty bad ass, I might use it once a week or something like that for extra efforts.

They say having a kidney stone is the closest a male will get to give birth (pain wise).
AU Packerr
6,172 Posts
3.4 years ago
They say having a kidney stone is the closest a male will get to give birth (pain wise).
This is why I drink like a fish and only have 1 shake per day.
AU H0LD THE LINE
2,391 Posts
3.4 years ago
This is why I drink like a fish and only have 1 shake per day.
Yeah I drink a far bit of water during the day, but after we started this conversation I'm going to get some more right now!
AU LXG BIFF
111 Posts
3.4 years ago
wow you guys seem to be taking in heaps of protein, on my protein shake container is stresses to only have one per day. So I wanted to know why and what would happen if I had it before and after my work outs and I discovered that too much protein and not enough water can lead to kidney stones. Those are something that you never want to have.

if you stick to natural supplements for proteins eg white meats , bananas , milk , chocolate blah blah you wont get any side effects. i still think all these powdered supplements are a myth/marketing ploy. i may be wrong but superfoods like bananas/ fruits & vegs, white meats, fish etc have everything you need plus more and by my understanding shitloads cheaper. too much of anything is bad (except money of course or sex) but you dont seem to overdo it if you eat right and healthy anyway.
AU Azzurri
751 Posts
3.4 years ago
really gonna buy a lot of bananas with the prices at the moment? yeah my protein powder stresses to only have once a day and usually straight after a workout, drinking four litres of water a day always helps
AU ohhhh fifi
583 Posts
3.4 years ago
I had a kidney stone once, called my mum up and told her I thought I was dieing it was that bad. Went to the hospital and got all drugged up (still felt like shit) then when I finally pissed it out was high as a mother fucker, could see monkeys being chased by snakes on the the ceiling and other weird shit.
AU Masochistic
2,356 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from LXG BIFF on the 30th of March 2011:
Quote from Aceman417 on the 30th of March 2011:
Hey, I'm looking to lose some of my extra fat and gain some muscle (not saying I'm fat, just have a little extra).
Is it necessary to drink protein shakes and powder and shit like that if you are starting to work out?
well protein is mainly for muscle repair to lose fat yo have to get the heart rate up so your actually burning fat off so do a bit of cardio in your workout routine and powder is crap eat chicken (white meats) and have a banana

Thanks for that... Yeah, mainly looking to loose the fat and gain some muscle. What are some good workouts to help with upper body strength and ab muscles.
NZ x Space x
1,492 Posts
3.4 years ago
@Aceman417

www.bodybuilding.com/

go here bro really good way to get started they have meal plans and wrk out plans just search

edit: also if u dnt knw wht the exercise is just google/youtube a video

Edited once, 30/3/11 - 9:38pm.
AU l8rs
1,744 Posts
3.4 years ago
fuck pre workouts they're fake.

p.s if your fat play sport
you mad? yeah, he mad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AU Killmatic
1,577 Posts
3.4 years ago
Quote from Salmon on the 30th of March 2011:
i have a question for you mate. i used to drink protein shakes and stuff but after i drink it i was never hungry or not hungry as much. is it okay to skip meals and just drink the protein drinks ?
na but you can get meal replacements tho.
K I L L M V T I C