Games
AU n0cturnal
11 Posts
3.8 years ago
Last night SW was scheduled to face off against [], apparently the times had be set by a L4D admin, and no one on my team was aware of this, I was certain that [] had to offer times for us within a certain time or they forfeit (Since im a Noob to the l4d competitiveness), so I talked to reaver and he was very flexible about the whole situation and offered a later time etc etc trying to be nice, I was pretty sure they we would not be able to compete, but Clinton one of my clan members said that is Possible to do a 3 v 3 or something like that, don't quote me on that but I gave it some thought and offered [] to a 3 v 3 and they declined, and I was wondering if it is in the rules to have a 3 v 3 for the "Left 4 Dead Revival Tournament" If so, I think we have situation that needs to be sorted out.
AU Dr. Bones
45 Posts
3.8 years ago
According to the rules ( http://www.cybergamer.com.au/pc/l4dmod/ladder/rules/ ):

#1.1 Left 4 Dead Match Format:
Players per team: 4 (min. 3)

#2 Left 4 Dead Competition Rules
Both teams have FIFTEEN minutes from the match start time to have a minimum of THREE of their own players in the server. Teams are allowed to substitute players through the match, provided they quickly join their team. If a team drops to 2 players during the match, they have a maximum of FIVE minutes to get a 3rd player back in or they will forfeit the match. If a side has less than 3 players at the FIFTHTEEN minute mark then the match should not go ahead, the team with less than 3 players forfeits, however if both sides agree to play the match with less than the minimum required players then the match result will stand. A team cannot try to forfeit the other team after that match has commenced.

Admins correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to imply that you would have been allowed to play 3v4. To request that [] play one down on their side just because you can't get a 4th is unnecessary and you should have played 3v4 imo.
AU Zombie
2,524 Posts
3.8 years ago
Dont even know why I bother half the time. Honestly.
CG L4D Admin. Add scullzomben to steam for any questions.
AU n0cturnal
11 Posts
3.8 years ago
OK, Thank you for your final answer zombie, made things very clear...
AU Zombie
2,524 Posts
3.8 years ago
Ok, lets look at some things here.

1) In the "Tournament Underway" thread, it has been mentioned numerous times that it is much better to organize times between teams using the match chat.

2) After you had advised that you would prefer early times (which is very ambiguous, early as in soon, or early as in earlier than 8?), you failed to respond in match chat to Reaver, who asked that question. If that was spoken about on steam or not, I dont know.

3) After giving you plenty of time to discuss a match time I posted in your match chat that if a time wasn't decided on, the match would be at Wednesday at 8. EVERY time I have said this, teams have amazingly set up times nearly instantly.

4) It is your responsibility to check your match chat for information on your match. If you fail to do so, this is exactly what happens.

5) Furthermore, you advised me about 4 hours before the match you would be able to make it if we let Enrama play. Knowing that [] would be ok with this, because they would actually like to play a game, I said thats fine. 5 minutes before the match you told Reaver there was no chance you could play, which he then passed on to his team. Knowing the match was off, they left, which you then came on later saying you could now play.
CG L4D Admin. Add scullzomben to steam for any questions.
AU n0cturnal
11 Posts
3.8 years ago
Ok fair enough.
AU retchedmonkey
50 Posts
3.8 years ago
You need to grab some faeces and compress it into a single cohesive unit.
SPOILER: Click to view
Surp
AU Meshu
1,178 Posts
3.8 years ago