Games
AU hektik
8,720 Posts
4.3 years ago
Hey all,
For all those people who constantly make threads/posts and keep coming to crank, myself and matt, about how do to the things listed in the title, here is a quick thread to point you all in right direction in how to do such things within the tutorials provided by tek-9 cinema members: Vacuum, Agour and Sotka! The links are in the Images.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Moviemaking for Dummies - By Vacuum

This tutorial contains the following topics:
- Setting up COD4 for using the avidemo function
- Learn how to record ingame footage with highest quality by using the avidemo function
- Understand how avidemo works, what it does, and why you should not believe everything wikipedia tells you
- Bringing your footage into a Video editing Software (f.e Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- CoD4 Skinning Tutorial - By Sotka

As skinning is getting more and more popular for movie making purposes, here is a step-by-step guide for people who want to make their movies come out cooler.

- Call of Duty 4 Custom Skies Tutorial - By Agour

Everyone has seen 'custom skies' in CoD4 movies, well this guide will tell you how to make real in-game skies (no more green-screening!). This will eliminate the badly tracked skies you see all too often in movies, and give your skies a real authentic look. Its quite a long process the first time round, but once you've done it a few times the whole process should only take about 5 minutes.

- How To: Rip Models - By Agour

This tutorial will teach you how to rip models from inside of CoD4, including charectors and guns.

Below are the links from the tek9 thread posted by escapee @ http://www.tek-9.org/forum/tek9_cinema-18/movie_making_tutorial-resource_megathread-45397.html

General Tutorial Sites

Below ones are mostly not free.
www.digitaltutors.com/
www.thegnomonworkshop.com/
www.lynda.com/

Adobe After Effects

www.videocopilot.net/
www.ae.tutsplus.com/
www.library.creativecow.net/tutorials/adobeaftereffects
INTERNATIONAL SITES: www.ae.tutsplus.com/articles/roundup/15-top-international-after-effects-tutorial-sites/
Theres also this link here that showcases a bunch of VFX reference books: www.ae.tutsplus.com/articles/roundup/33-books-to-reference-on-your-vfx-and-mograph-journey/

Sony Vegas

www.library.creativecow.net/tutorials/sonyvegas
www.filmmakeriq.com/2009/10/303-sony-vegas-tutorials/
Velocity Tutorial:

3D

www.cg.tutsplus.com/
www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d/
www.traptcg.com/tutorials/7

Motion Tracking/Matchmoving/Track Motion

www.ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/workflow/free-3d-matchmoving-alternative-for-after-effects/
www.ae.tutsplus.com/articles/roundup/28-tracking-and-matchmoving-tutorials/
www.ae.tutsplus.com/articles/roundup/26-tracking-and-3d-matchmoving-plus-after-effects-tutorials/
www.ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/vfx/create-a-mograph-urban-jungle-day-1/
www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_crater_p1/
Boujou Motion Tracking Tutorial:

LCEFFECTS
www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/142642
LCEffects (Matrix 360 Spin): www.bainsy95.com/?p=33

MeGUI Encoding Tutorial

COD4 tweaks/tips/resources/common questions

Filmtweaks: www.tek-9.org/forum/call_of_duty_series-46/call_of_duty_4-13/cod4_post_here_ur_filmtweaks_-_perry-26
332.html#comments
Scoreboard tweaks: www.tek-9.org/forum/call_of_duty_series-46/call_of_duty_4-13/post_your_scoreboard_tweakz_d-26176.htm
l#comments
Movie Config: http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/155291/

Other Complete Movie Making Tutorials

Anexias Recommendation: http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/20824
ButtonBashers A-Z Mazarini: www.buttonbashers.ycn-hosting.com/?page=forum&action=viewthread&thread_id=611

Resources

Textures for all uses (such as skinning, intro bg's, player bars, etc)

Rust: www.psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/over-250-of-the-webs-best-rust-textures/
Grungy bokeh: www.psd.tutsplus.com/freebies/texture/freebie-12-grungy-bokeh-textures/
Cracks/grunge/scratch: www.psd.tutsplus.com/freebies/texture/freebie-8-high-resolution-screen-print-ready-textures/
Wood: www.psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/more-than-350-free-and-premium-wood-textures/
Bokeh: www.psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/more-than-620-bokeh-background-textures/
Grunge: www.psd.tutsplus.com/freebies/texture/exclusive-freebie-pack-%E2%80%93-4-free-high-resolution-grunge-tex
tures/
Old leather: www.psd.tutsplus.com/freebies/texture/old-leather-textures/
CG Textures (requires account): www.cgtextures.com/

I will update this thread, when more tutorials are released by the tek-9 cinema crew.

Big shoutout and kudos to the hardwork and time agour, sotka and vacuum put in to make these tutorials for the global community!

www.tek-9.org/cinema

UPDATED 7/10/10

Edited twice, last edited 7/10/10 - 5:09pm.
[21:52] SEQUENTIAL Sno. RAZER: gunna go beat my meat [21:52] SQL glock RAZER: will beat mine also ~ TEK9 Cinema - http://www.youtube.com/moomiaowoof
AU BESTyyyy
298 Posts
4.3 years ago
nw, should help some beginners alot
b1llz: "I just jerk off while I watch besty, he is just 2sharp"
AU Bang_
400 Posts
4.3 years ago
good work.
will help a lot.
AU Spaz.
Referee
1,965 Posts
4.3 years ago
Nice tut.
AU willstylez
670 Posts
4.3 years ago
Quote from Spaz. on the 19th of June 2010:
Nice tut.
NZ WarFear
1,290 Posts
4.3 years ago
YEAH!
AU BLiTZY
2,934 Posts
4.3 years ago
wow i was reading that sky rendering one just last night. once you get going fuck it's easy.
ES m@zarini
2,778 Posts
4.3 years ago
Quote from BLiTZY on the 19th of June 2010:
wow i was reading that sky rendering one just last night. once you get going fuck it's easy.
Most of these things are if you put the time into learning them
AU BLiTZY
2,934 Posts
4.3 years ago
Quote from royCe on the 19th of June 2010:
Quote from BLiTZY on the 19th of June 2010:
Most of these things are if you put the time into learning them

yeah true i was about to add you last night to ask you if u new a link to something like this but google ftw.
AU hektik
8,720 Posts
4 years ago
majorly updated!
[21:52] SEQUENTIAL Sno. RAZER: gunna go beat my meat [21:52] SQL glock RAZER: will beat mine also ~ TEK9 Cinema - http://www.youtube.com/moomiaowoof
AU NubeMassive
3,127 Posts
4 years ago
oh wow, nice work hektik bro
THE AUSCOD AESTHETICS CREW
0 Posts
4 years ago
Niceee work (:
AU Nagato
977 Posts
3.3 years ago
Yesss! I so badly need this