Games
AU \_IgNite_/
17 Posts
5.3 years ago
Ok, This is starting to really annoy me guys and if anyone else is getting the same error 'Key Code in use please reconnect later' and knows how to fix any help is appreciated...

I havent given my key code to anyone and i know that you can get it if u disconnect from servers but ive restarted my comp. typed in cmd ipconfig /release and /renew

Unlpugged modem everything but still get the persistent error.. :V

IF anyone has help or advice it is all appreciated and hopefully we can find a solution to this annoying error thats wasting my time

Thanks

ToySoldier
AU MassacreMan
173 Posts
5.3 years ago
perhaps your cd key would be in partnership with the cod4 master server.

If so, it would be up to the master server to decide when it can refresh. Usually it takes 10-15 minutes.
AKA Mass
AU \_IgNite_/
17 Posts
5.3 years ago
Thanks for feedback Mass,

I got off the computer at 6pm (AEST) and went back on 8:30pm to come with the error i think its been longer then 10minutes and ive done all the restarting and releasing ips and renewing turning modem off etc..
AU rikki
349 Posts
5.3 years ago
hacks.
AU reZ-
1,941 Posts
5.3 years ago
just reset your modem, and whilst doing that verify your serial code alot. Just spam the shit out of the button. If it's not saying Verification code seems to be valid. THen you have a problem. If its saying it is valid, just wait for your modem to boot back up and the problem should be fixed.
[19:36] AVANT.PALIT extacy: getting payed loving cod and slaying bitches
AU chuCkie
449 Posts
5.3 years ago
Quote from -rez on the 7th of April 2009:
just reset your modem
AU \_IgNite_/
17 Posts
5.3 years ago
yer ive tried that

it says that the key code and stuff is valid...

What do u mean by reset modem like just power off because ive done that or put the pin into the back of it where it says reset??

Thanks for help
AU Reeve
2,930 Posts
5.3 years ago
Dont restart ur modem like that. All you have to do is restart ur modem by turn it of for 5 secs and turn it back on! if it doesn;t work......try it again and if that doesn't work u could (correct me if i am rong) do a guid sarch and see if anyone has ur Cd Key AND if all else fails contact activision.

Good luck, Reeve.
Totally addicted to the freaking MAX
AU chuCkie
449 Posts
5.3 years ago
dont switch of at the powerpoint, its on the modem itself. shud be a buton on the back somewhere.

GL with that
AU \_IgNite_/
17 Posts
5.3 years ago
Thanks for your help guys ive tried restarting the modem normally by pressing the button this doesnt normally work..

After a while it eventually came back but its really annoying...

how can i find someones using my key code through a guid search??
AU Fanqt
1,317 Posts
5.3 years ago
did u buy your cod4 game through steam?
NZ |2ichie
202 Posts
5.3 years ago
some one has your cd key
[QUOTE=FLETCHER] 1st rifle platoon nz's finest from CoD2 h4h4 :D [/QUOTE]
AU Viper-Inc
97 Posts
5.3 years ago
Quote from Toy Soldier on the 8th of April 2009:
Thanks for your help guys ive tried restarting the modem normally by pressing the button this doesnt normally work..

After a while it eventually came back but its really annoying...

how can i find someones using my key code through a guid search??

without connecting to the game. i doubt u could..
----> Viper-Inc <----> 1998 Toyota Supra MKIV RZ-S VVT-i TT -- 216.6rkw @ 11-12psi -- www.viper-inc.com
AU \_IgNite_/
17 Posts
5.3 years ago
I didn't buy from steam i bought it legitmately from eb games...

What makes u say someone has my cd key?

Thanks for the feedback so far guys keep it coming

Anyone else had the error and found a way round it its just really annoying to wait for god knows how long until it doesnt say it anymore
AU \_IgNite_/
17 Posts
5.3 years ago
once again if anyone is having the same problem and then fixed it please any help would help